The P3 visa is described as applying to “Artists or Entertainers In Culturally Unique Program”. This is a non-resident US visa for artists or entertainers coming into the Unites States to…
- Participate or to perform in a culturally unique program.
- Represent, teach, or coach in cultural, musical, ethnic, folk, artistic, or theatrical arts
- or to act as support personnel to P3 holders
P3 Visa Details
- Commercial permitted: The cultural program may be either commercial or non-commercial in nature. A visa holder is allowed to be paid.
- Level of expertise: The P3 isa does not require as high a standard as the P1 (athletes / entertainers) visa, but level of performance should be comparable to U.S.-based performers.
- Duration: A period required to complete the program or event up to 1 year maximum.
- Extensions: P3 visas may be extended in increments of one year to cover the same event or activity for which the original P3 visa was granted.
- Study: Holder may undertake study on a part-time basis.
- Travel: Holder is free to travel within and outside the U.S. while the visa is valid.
- Dependents: Spouse and any unmarried children under the age of 21 may accompany or visit.
- This will require a P4 visa application.
- Note that the P4 visa does not permit the holder to work.
- Green Card: P3 holders may apply for an Adjustment of Status and seek permanent residency.
- The permanent residency option does not extend to support personnel.