If you are interested in obtaining EU citizenship, one country with an enticing citizenship by investment program is Cyprus.
Cyprus, the third largest island in the Mediterranean, took the international stage in 2013 when the government introduced the “fast-track” economic citizenship scheme, in the nation’s effort to encourage inward foreign investment.
Based on the Article 111 of Law 141(I) of 2002, the Minister of the Interior may grant a certificate of naturalization to any non-Cypriot of full age and capacity applying in the prescribed manner and satisfying the minister that he or she qualifies for naturalization under the provisions of the law- effectively the “Scheme for Naturalisation of Investors in Cyprus by Exception.”
How this recent Ruling has further enhanced the benefits of the Cyprus Citizenship Investment Program
The recent amendments to the CBI program, approved by the Minister of Interiors on 13 September 2016, has further enhanced the Cyprus Citizenship by Investment program, which has now fast become one of the most sought after citizenship programs, with the fastest route to a European passport.
- The passport caters for all the family, including spouse, minor children and adult dependents, as well as parents and additional family members to the second degree.
- It allows one to live, work, study, and conduct business anywhere in the European Union. It also grants visa-free access to 159 non- European countries.
- The Cyprus Citizenship by Investment programs is one of the few programs with no physical residency requirements to live in the country, prior, during or after the citizenship application. Something to consider before making a big move is trust and estate planning.
- The application process is easy, with no requirements to show the source of wealth funds, health tests or language proficiencies. The application takes about six months to process and granting of a passport.
- The minimum requirement is a three-year investment of €2 million. There are a diverse number of investment options available to the investor including bonds, shares, investment in Cyprus businesses/companies, Alternative investment funds (AIF’s) and assets, as well as real estate property, with the most popular investment option being commercial and residential property or a mix and match of any of the above.
The Cyprus Citizenship by Investment program is by far the quickest route to European citizenship with an easy and direct path to a European passport, being the gateway to the European Union and some parts of Asia, Africa, and the Americas.
What this leading Cyprus Immigration Attorney had to say
Charles Savva, Managing Partner and Head of Immigration at Chetcuti Cauchi Advocates, Cyprus, states that “The Cyprus Citizenship by Investment Program with its recent changes, further solidifies Cyprus’ position as having the leading European Citizenship by Investment Program.
Chetcuti Cauchi Advocates, part of the Online Visas network, have become the leading, largest Citizenship and Residency immigration specialist practice, in Cyprus and Malta. Their expertise extends to handling complex and sensitive cases and servicing the needs of HNWIs, Investors, and Entrepreneurs worldwide.
For further information on Citizenship and Residency programs in either Cyprus or Malta, please contact csavva@cccyprus dot com
ReferencesWhere is the cheapest place to buy citizenship?By Kim Gittleson June 4, 2014http://www.bbc.com/news/business-27674135
10 Best Second Passports and Citizenship by Investment Programs For 2016By: Christian Reeves March 15, 2016http://premieroffshore.com/10-best-second-passports-and-citizenship-by-investment-programs/
The Official Portal of Cyprus TourismBy: Cyprus Tourism Organization Accessed October 17, 2016http://www.visitcyprus.com/index.php/en/