Can I transfer myself to the US on an L-1 visa if I own the company?


If you are an executive who is the sole owner of a company, then yes, it is possible for you to meet the requirements for an L-1 visa. However, you must first establish “employee status” and that must be done correctly.

One effective and proven strategy to achieve this is to set up a board of directors and also to create employment agreements that indicate that the owner is also an employee that the Board has the authority to dismiss from their role.

For help to discover the right strategy for you, please use the form to book a free strategy session with one of our attorneys.

Also check out our “Complete Guide to the L-1 Visa.”

You might also like