Obtaining an H-1B visa hinges on the ability to demonstrate the applicant’s specialized knowledge that qualifies them for the position.
An O1 visa may be an option if you meet at least three of the following conditions:
- Have received national or international awards or prizes of excellence in their field.
- Being a member of associations whose membership requires outstanding achievement, judged by nationally or internationally recognized experts in the respective discipline.
- Their work has been featured in professional or high-profile trade publications or mainstream media.
- The applicant has served in some capacity as a judge of others in the same (or closely related) field. This could either be individual or as part of a judging panel.
- Have had articles published in professional or notable trade publications.
- Have made original scientific, academic, or business contributions of major significance in their respective field.
- Have served in a leading or critical capacity for highly regarded organizations or establishments.
- Command a high salary or remuneration for their services.
- Other relevant evidence of exceptional expertise that does not fit any of the above criteria.